The Natural Resource Management (NRM) Community Forum identified that regional bodies need an information exchange forum to learn from each other's experiences. This discussion forum was formed to meet that need.
Individuals and key interest groups involved in NRM across Australia can use the forum to exchange information and views on common issues. Issues covered include land management, water management, vegetation, biodiversity conservation, salinity and water quality. You can use this forum to:
- ask questions
- provide answers or information to assist answering these questions
- discuss management options or issues
- advise members of new research, developments or discoveries
- identify useful content that should be added to the publicly available web pages
- promote events such as workshops, training opportunities, field days, seminars, and conferences
The discussion forum is administered by the Australian Government Land and Coasts Team. Subscription to this forum is open to people interested in the regional delivery of integrated NRM.
This is an un-moderated discussion group. You should adhere to the following guidelines to support the ethic of information exchange:
- individuals may post messages directly to the discussion group and are responsible for whatever they post
- participants are encouraged to debate ideas and opinions posted to the discussion group but should refrain from personal attacks of any kind
- unsolicited postings by companies about commercial products are discouraged
- mention of a product in the context of an ongoing discussion or issue is acceptable.
The discussion group is dependent on the participants for input, so please join in.
Views expressed on the discussion forum are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Australian Government, the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry, Department of the Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts or the Australian Government Land and Coasts Team.
Our general disclaimer and policies on accessibility and privacy are listed at the bottom of each page of this web site.
Subscribing and unsubscribing to the discussion forum
To join the NRM discussion forum, enter your email address in the Subscribe box at the top right of this page and click Subscribe. You will then be sent an email asking you to confirm your address. Once you have done that, you will be able to post to the discussion group and will receive all discussion posts.
To remove yourself from the discussion forum, enter your email address in the Subscribe box at the top right of this page and click Unsubscribe. You will then be taken to a page asking for your password and to confirm your removal. Once these steps are completed you will be removed from the forum list.
Submit a discussion message
Email contributions to the discussion group to firstname.lastname@example.org
New participants to the discussion group should consider posting an introductory message. Information may include some personal qualities such as experiences, association with any organisations and any discussion topics of interest. This will help others in the group keep track of who's who and can highlight particular areas of expertise that may be brought to the discussion forum.
Messages sent to the NRM discussion group will automatically be sent by email to all subscribers and then archived:
Contact the administrator
Send your message to email@example.com
Subscribe to the forum
Once subscribed, you can contribute to the discussion group by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org