|Overview||Target Areas||How to apply||FAQs|
Shortlisted EOIs announced
Expressions of interest for proposals seeking between $1 million and $2 million have been assessed. Applicants who have been invited to submit a full application for funding are listed in the document below.
Caring for our Country Target Area Grants are the open call funding component of the Sustainable Environment stream of the new Caring for our Country program.
Target Area Grants will provide funding of between $50 000 and $2 million for projects to maintain ecosystem services, protect our conservation estate, and enhance the capacity of Indigenous communities to conserve and protect natural resources across six target areas:
- the Central Australian Connection
- Cape York
- the Kimberley region
- South-west Western Australia
- Urban waterways and Coastal environments
Within these Target Areas, proposals must address one or more of the following Investment Themes:
- conserving and protecting species and ecosystems (matters of national environmental significance);
- restoring and maintaining urban waterways and coastal environments;
- protecting Ramsar sites and values;
- protecting World Heritage sites’ outstanding universal value and integrity;
- Indigenous community capacity building for natural resource management, and
- natural resource management community skills, knowledge and engagement.
For additional information about the Australian Government's vision of how we can best protect Australia's valuable environmental places, please see: One Land - Many Stories: Prospectus of Investment.